August 4, 2013

Song of the Myrne: it's been a loooong time

Hey guys !

So, what have I been up to for... let's see... two months.

Well, I worked on Song of the Myrne of course^^. And it improved a lot !

Sound


I added a bunch of sounds into the game. Including footsteps !

Let's listen to those in this little video I took.


Graphics

I also worked on the graphics and I did improve the quality of the game... a lot !

See for yourselves.

Click on the pictures to see them in real size
The interiors
Their still have some minor bugs in this screen but it's fixed now

I also improved the exterior of the houses and some other things too (like the sand and the dirt to smooth them)

Sorry about the night on the upper screen, I don't have much control in the old versions of the game

All of this is possible because I use tilesets now. So it also let me add equipments much more easily and it led me to improve the crafting system a little bit.

Certain craft patterns now give you the choice between two items or give you two items.


Well, that's all for today folks !

I hope you like it. I plan to release a new version of the demo soon to include all of this. I need to get back to all the old levels to add the new graphics and have some consistence into the game. As usual I rather not mention any date but it should be less than a month hopefully.

See you !